Proper costume care and maintenance is vital to prolong the life of your character costumes. In addition to offering our cleaning and repair service, this page is designed to help you with some tips on how to care for your costume after each use.
NOTE: Dry cleaning mascot costume is not recommended. The chemicals used in the dry cleaning process may damage certain components of the costume
1. Foam head, body and feet have to be cleaned by hand or with a wet vac, damp cloth, clean any spots on the mascot. portable stain removers, such as shout wipes, are handy for small stain emergencies, the sooner any stain is treated, the easier it will come out.
2. Machine wash the mascot suit only with one layer, in WARM water with mild laundry detergent on a gentle cycle.
3. Tumble dry the costume on a NO or LOW HEAT dryer setting only. The fabric of the costume can be damaged if the dryer settings are too hot. Hanging the costume to dry in a well ventilated area is another option.
4. Lightly brush any fleece areas. Be sure to be extremely careful not to damage the fibers.
5. Brush out the fur areas with a wire brush
After each use, wipe out the inside of the mascot head with a cloth and warm soapy water to keep the head clean and fresh. Do not use perfumes or deodorants on the mascot costume. These substances can damage or discolor the fabric and irritate other performers with allergies or sensitivities.
1. Store the costume in a clean and well ventilated room.
2. DO NOT store the costume in the carry bag.
3. Allow the costume to air out between performances.
4. Place the head in a position that puts the least amount of stress on its shape, the neck opening.
5. Hang or neatly fold the body components. Place the feet on their soles separate from the other components.
Never store your mascot costume while it is still damp. Always make sure the mascot costume is completely dry before putting it away.
Following these maintenance tips will keep your mascot in optimal condition and provide a much more pleasant experience for those wearing the costume.